Monday, December 25, 2006

Scholes delighted by volley

Paul Scholes reckons his volley in the 3-0 win at Aston Villa is better than the goal he scored direct from a corner at Bradford nearly seven years ago.
At Bradford in March 2000, the United midfielder fired home a scorching volley direct from a David Beckham corner. His thunderbolt at Villa Park was just as impressive, and accoring to the man himself, possibly better than his previous effort.
"I knew I'd hit it well and I was just happy to see it go in off the underside of the bar," he told MUTV. "I'd probably say it's better than my goal against Bradford.
"They always look a bit better when they go in off the underside of the bar like the Villa one did!"It's certainly up there [with my best goals]. I found myself in quite a lot of space during most of the corners we had in the game so I was waiting for one. Thankfully one came.
"It's great to be back amongst the goals - it's been a while since I've scored [against Liverpool in October]," he added. "I haven't scored as many goals as I would have liked this season, so hopefully this goal can start me on a run."

Scholes was also full of praise for his team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo who bagged a brace in the Villa victory.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home