Sunday, September 24, 2006

Ronaldo happy to stay

Manchester United winger Cristiano Ronaldo insists he sees his long-term future at Old Trafford although he admits he did consider leaving in the summer.

The 21-year-old Portugal international said after the World Cup finals that he wanted to move to Real Madrid, but now says he is happy to stay with United.

Cristiano Ronaldo Manchester United 2006/07 profile size
CRISTIANO RONALDO

"It's true I said after the World Cup I might have to leave," Ronaldo told the Sunday Mirror.

"But what I want to do is leave my mark on the club and for the fans to say I was one of the club's great players.

"I spoke to my agent and United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and I took a calm decision and decided to stay.

"I really think it is the best decision but when we are hot-headed sometimes we say things we don't mean.

"Whether I will be here for another two, three, five or 10 years or until the end of my career I don't know.

"What is important is that things turned out well. I'm at Manchester and I feel very good. This is one of the biggest clubs in the world."




Tag:,,,,,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home